Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Philly Sandwiches

This wasn't labeled as "Freezer Meal."  But, once again, I turned it in to one!
I just put everything in a Ziploc bag (except the cheese and bread--duh)!  Make sure you put the bag inside a pitcher.  Makes life easier.

She (the lady from the blog) used a special seasoning (that she says is actually a sauce).  I didn't have it, nor did I take the time to find it.  So I just used whatever spices I felt like.  Like, I seriously can't remember what I used.  Whatever sounded good from my spice cabinet!)  Also, I didn't freeze 2 tablespoons of butter.  Don't think I even added it when I dumped the bag of stuff in the crock pot.  I did add a little chicken broth because I was afraid it would burn.

Chicken Philly Sandwich (from: http://foodfamilyfinds.com/slow-cooker-chicken-philly-sandwiches-recipe/)

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 large sweet onion, sliced
  • 2 green bell peppers, sliced
  • 3 boneless,skinless chicken breasts, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons Dale’s Steak Seasoning
  • sliced Mozzarella cheese
  • hoagie rolls
Instructions
  1. Spray a 3 – 4 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and turn to LOW heat.
  2. Add butter, onions and green peppers.
  3. Toss chicken with steak seasoning, salt and pepper, then add to slow cooker.
  4. Cover and cook for 5 hours.
  5. Serve on hoagies with a slice of cheese melted on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Menu for October 4- 10, 2024

Friday, October 4-- Pizza and salad Saturday, October 5-- CCU game! Sunday, October 6--  IP Chicken and Gravy ,  roasted carrots , rice Mond...