Saturday, February 1, 2014

Loaded Nachos (Not a Freezer Meal)

Tonight was "Mama doesn't feel like cooking" night.  So, I made some nachos.  And, yes, this is my "recipe." Really, it's just common sense. :)

Ingredients:
Tortilla chips (We used organic ones from Lowes Foods)
1 can of organic black beans (Again from Lowes Foods)
shredded cheese
1 avocado
Taco seasoning (from here)

First I put some foil on a cookie sheet and sprayed it with coconut oil cooking spray.  (I HATE when food sticks to pans.  So I always use foil and spray.)
Anyhow.  Put some chips down first.  Whatever your little heart desires.
Then some shredded cheese on top.
Then rinse and drain the black beans and put them on top of the cheese.
Slice the avocado and put that on top.
Then sprinkle some taco seasoning on top.
And then add some more cheese
Bake all of that at 350 degrees until the cheese melts.  Yummy!

Since I really didn't want to fight with my kids.. and I knew they wouldn't eat the nachos... I fixed them some wraps instead.
Carter had ham and cheese (Boar's Head) on a whole wheat wrap.  With mustard.  He also had sweet potato tortilla chips (Food Should Taste Good brand. So so good!), carrots, and a clementine.
Harp had ham and cheese without mustard on a spinach wrap.  She doesn't like the sweet potato chips, so she had veggie sticks (chips from Lowes Foods) and a clementine.  And carrots with ranch!

OK, that's all I've got for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Menu for October 4- 10, 2024

Friday, October 4-- Pizza and salad Saturday, October 5-- CCU game! Sunday, October 6--  IP Chicken and Gravy ,  roasted carrots , rice Mond...