Saturday, March 1, 2014

Coconut Curry Chicken

I've never tried this, but it sounds good.  Adam is kinda over the whole crock-pot-3-nights-a-week-thing, so I'm trying to add new stuff to our menus.

Coconut Curry Chicken from Twin Dragonfly Designs, here.

5-6 chicken breasts
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced red pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
2 Tbsp red curry paste
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 can coconut milk

8 hours on low
6 hours on medium
4 hours on high

Add all ingredients to a gallon size Ziploc bag.  
Thaw out the night before.
Place in the crock pot in the morning! :) 


I had no clue what curry paste was...but I found it!  It smells amazing!  
And I didn't have any coriander.  And I couldn't find any at the store.  So, I just left that out.  Eh.  It will be fine! :) 
Oh!  My "minced ginger" was ground ginger.  I just sprinkled some in the bag.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Menu for October 4- 10, 2024

Friday, October 4-- Pizza and salad Saturday, October 5-- CCU game! Sunday, October 6--  IP Chicken and Gravy ,  roasted carrots , rice Mond...